Senior Patent Attorney/PhD Agent.
We have an opening for a Patent Attorney/Agent in our Alameda, California, office. Our firm has been in business for more than fifteen years and our clients include both small and large biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies, as well as a variety of institutional clients in other fields. This position provides an excellent opportunity to work as part of a highly collegial group of experienced patent practitioners.
We are looking for a 4-year plus Associate/Attorney with a significant portfolio, expected to bill at least 100 hours per month. California bar preferred.
MINIMUM qualifications include:
- Significant experience with U.S. patent prosecution;
- Bar membership and/or an advanced degree in engineering or biological science;
- Registration to practice before the USPTO; and,
- A significant portable book of patent applications.
Compensation is highly competitive and is based upon collections, with modest minimum hourly requirements. Benefits are excellent, including a no vesting period 401K with an employer contribution of 6% of salary (with no matching required), as well as medical, dental, and vision. We are a low stress law firm in Alameda specializing mostly in biotechnology patent prosecution, but looking to further diversify into other fields. The firm was founded as a refuge from the high pressure environment of the big IP firms, with a focus on providing quality service to our clients.
If this looks interesting to you, please contact us to arrange a telephonic interview. To be considered for this position, please send the following in Microsoft Word or .pdf format to email@example.com: current resume; USPTO registration number and attorney bar number; estimate of number and types of patent applications written; and, a writing sample.
Experienced Patent Administrator/Legal Secretary
Candidate must have 5+ years working in patent prosecution. We are looking for a self-motivated, detail oriented, organized individual.
Compensation will be based on experience. We also offer 401K and benefits package.
This Alameda IP law firm strives to provide a low stress, collegial, and flexible environment, as we are a small firm.
Responsibilities Will Include:
· Docketing and undocketing incoming correspondence and due dates;
· Electronic filing various documents with the USPTO;
· Proofing and editing patent applications and office actions;
· Preparing information disclosure statements (IDS), filing correspondence; composing correspondence including, e.g., instruction letters and U.S. and foreign patent prosecution documents;
· Faxing/scanning documents to assist with electronic storage of various documents;
· Handling incoming/outgoing mail, e-mail and faxes;
· Processing invoices for payment;
· Creating new and updating existing records in IP management system.
· Billing attorney time and fees.
· 5+ years working in patent prosecution;
· Experience with docketing (Experience with IPMaster a plus);
· Electronic filing experience with the USPTO;
· Electronic filing experience with the WIPO;
· Familiarity with US and foreign patent practice;
· Strong Microsoft Office skills;
· Experience with Adobe Acrobat and manipulating PDF files;
· Trademark experience a plus;
· Small business and management experience a plus.
Please, no non-qualified candidates. Send cover letter and resume with your response.